Re: Locale (unsupported) bug. uk_UA.KOI8-U - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Locale (unsupported) bug. uk_UA.KOI8-U
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Tom Lane wrote:
>> ivocs admin wrote:
>>> The database cluster will be initialized with locale uk_UA.KOI8-U.
>>> could not determine encoding for locale "uk_UA.KOI8-U": codeset is "KOI8-U"
>>> initdb: could not find suitable text search configuration for locale
>>> uk_UA.KOI8-U
>
>> PostgreSQL currently doesn't support the KOI8-U encoding.  You could
>> consider using UTF-8 instead.  Try running this
>> initdb --locale=uk_UA.utf8 -D data/
>
> It's still not going to find a suitable text search configuration,
> since we haven't got anything for Ukranian ...

But initdb will still succeed, so if you don't need the text search
feature, you can proceed.  If you do need text search, you can possibly
get away with using the configuration for russian (see initdb -T
option).  Do let us know if we need to make any adjustments to support
Ukrainian better.