Re: bizarre query performance question - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From H. William Connors II
Subject Re: bizarre query performance question
Date
List pgsql-performance
Lennin Caro wrote:

> [...]
That is because assignment_id is because there can be many records in
fa_assignment that use the same assignment_id and thus it isn't unique
there.  I can join other tables not related through a foreign key using
an index so I'm unclear why this situation is different.