Re: Proposal: move column defaults into pg_attribute along with attacl - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Markus Wanner
Subject Re: Proposal: move column defaults into pg_attribute along with attacl
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>
>> I think adding a subobject column to pg_shdepend is probably the best
>> answer --- we only didn't do that to start with because we thought it
>> wasn't needed.
>
> Yep.  I did consider adding it, but there was no use for it at the time
> so I just left it out.  It's not like it's very difficult to add it at
> this point.

Sorry, I lost track here and would like to know the recommended course
of action for ACLs. I see these issues:
* make pg_attribute store VARLENA and/or NOT NULL fields* dependency tracking of defaults (and ACLs)* where to place
ACLs(pg_attribute, merge with pg_attrdef or yet

another pg_attracl table)

So far I understood that merging pg_attrdef into pg_attribute is
unwanted due to complexity at DROP TABLE.

What does the subobject column for pg_shdepend buy us?

Clarification appreciated.

Regards

Markus Wanner