Re: Prototype: In-place upgrade v02 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Zdenek Kotala
Subject Re: Prototype: In-place upgrade v02
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Heikki Linnakangas napsal(a):
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> I didn't see anything that looked like an immediate change in user table
>> contents, unless they used the "name" type; but what of relation forks?
>
> Relation forks didn't change anything inside relation files, so no
> scanning of relations is required because of that. Neither will the FSM
> rewrite. Not sure about DSM yet.

Does it mean, that if you "inject" old data file after catalog upgrade, then FSM
will works without any problem?
    Zdenek

PS: I plan to review FSM this week.

--
Zdenek Kotala              Sun Microsystems
Prague, Czech Republic     http://sun.com/postgresql