[Q] DNS(bind) ER model - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Roderick A. Anderson
Subject [Q] DNS(bind) ER model
Date
Re: [Q] DNS(bind) ER model  (Andrew Sullivan <ajs@commandprompt.com>)
Re: [Q] DNS(bind) ER model  (David Goodenough <david.goodenough@btconnect.com>)
Re: [Q] DNS(bind) ER model  (Tino Wildenhain <tino@wildenhain.de>)
Re: [Q] DNS(bind) ER model  (Mark <markdv.psql@asphyx.net>)
List pgsql-general
Anyone aware of an ER model for holding name server records?

Working on the zone file data and I am getting close but keep running
into the differences between MX records (with a priority) and the others
that can hold either a domain/sub-domain/host name or an IP address
depending on whether is an A, TXT, PTR, etc. or a CNAME.

Much of the database will be populated and changed automagically so the
controller for the application will do the right thing but humans will
get involved every so often.  I hope I can get the database to make the
right thing easy and the wrong thing "impossible" for them.

Any suggestions?

Rod