Re: benchmark farm - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andy Colson
Subject Re: benchmark farm
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Jaime Casanova wrote:
> On 1/21/08, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
>> It's on my (very long) TODO list to add benchmarking as an option on the
>> buildfarm. If you're interested in working on it then contact me offline and
>> we will work on how to move forward.
>>

> any move in this?

Not much on my side.  It seemed really complicated to plug into the
existing run_bench.pl, which I didnt think was going to let me play with
different postgres.conf settings easily.

And they wanted to start with just running pg_bench, which wasn't what I
was really interested in.

I did write a few perl scripts to play around with inserts and updates
and compared a few timings on xfs vs ext2... and then kinda lost interest.

-Andy