Postgres 8.3.x installation on Fedora 9 system - Mailing list pgsql-general

Pardon a dumb question. Installing Postgres 7.x on FC4-6, I would install a
large set of RPMs, these I think:

     postgresql
     postgresql-contrib
     postgresql-devel
     postgresql-jdbc
     postgresql-libs
     postgresql-python
     postgresql-server

I then had everything I need to run postgres and access it from Java and Python
(through the pygresql driver).

I'm now trying to move to 8.3.x on Fedora 9. Using pgdg-83-fedora.repo, yum
finds two RPMs, postgresql-8.3.3-1PGDG.f9.i386 and
postgresql-libs-8.3.3-1PGDG.f9.i386.  I checked postgresql.org, but the fedora 9
directories are empty, (unlike the f7 and f8 directories).

I know that the JDBC driver is a separate project, but I'm having trouble
getting python access to work.  I downloaded PyGreSQL-3.8.tgz, but cannot
install it because it relies on pg_config, which is not present the the 8.3.3
RPMs I installed.

Am I just on the wrong path here, starting with the postgresql and
postgresql-libs RPMs?

Jack Orenstein