Re: looking for psql without server-installation - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tomasz Ostrowski
Subject Re: looking for psql without server-installation
Date
List pgsql-general
On 2008-08-07 11:49, Christian.Strobl@dlr.de wrote:

> maybe i misworded my problem. i am looking for the possibility to
> install a psql client (without a server) out of the sources.

It is not a basic problem - it is your solution for a problem, which
maybe does have another, better solution.

> i have to compile psql for myself because otherwise (installing
> binaries with packaging tools) i have no (or minimal) control about
> the version of the client.

You can use official yum repository and you'll have total control of
client version. It works for RedHatEL/CentOS/Fedora:
    http://yum.pgsqlrpms.org/reporpms/repoview/

Regards
Tometzky
--
...although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a
moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you