Re: plperlu function caused a segmentation fault - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: plperlu function caused a segmentation fault
Date
List pgsql-general
bricklen <bricklen@gmail.com> writes:
> On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 12:11 PM, Alex Hunsaker <badalex@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hrm, do simple plperlu functions break it?

> IIRC, plperl(u) was installed via yum at the same time the db was
> upgraded to 9.0.x. It is possible there is more than one Perl version
> installed, or that the original Perl installation was botched.
> I'm not willing to test even the simple example above, because it's a
> production database. The orignal (failing) plperlu function didn't
> even get as far as the execution phase, that segfault happened
> immediately after it compiled.

I agree you probably don't want to poke at this in your production
instance, but you could create a playpen instance (separate data
directory, nondefault port number) using the same executables and
then do your testing there.  If you didn't want to get plperl going
on that machine, why'd you try it in the first place?

            regards, tom lane