Re: What is postgresql status? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: What is postgresql status?
Date
List pgsql-general
Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com> writes:
> On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 1:37 PM, Merlin Moncure <mmoncure@gmail.com> wrote:
>> be worked around without *too* much effort, justifies running a known
>> broken

> Anything before 8.2 is considered broken, unfixable, not going to be
> fixed as far as windows is concerned.

Actually, anything before 8.2 is out of support on all platforms now.
But running pre-alpha 8.0 on Windows is really seriously dangerous;
the list of now-known bugs in that immature port will curl your toes.
I second the advice to the OP to get off that version *now*.
8.2.some-recent-minor-release is the minimum version you should be
running if you're on Windows.

            regards, tom lane