Re: Do we really want to migrate plproxy and citext into PG core distribution? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: Do we really want to migrate plproxy and citext into PG core distribution?
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Asko Oja wrote:
> Hi
>
> One of reasons to get PL/proxy into core is to make it available to
> Windows users also.
> The idea is to get to the situation
>
> createlang plproxy mydb
>
> If we can achieve this without putting plproxy into core then i would
> like to hear how.

The same way you would for any other module. This is a non-argument.

If you want to be able to do it without building your own, then you
would need to ask the Windows Installer guys (Dave and Magnus) to
include it - they already include lots of non-core stuff, including at
least one PL, IIRC.

cheers

andrew