Re: Initdb problem on debian mips cobalt: Bus error - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Subject Re: Initdb problem on debian mips cobalt: Bus error
Date
List pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:
> Glyn Astill <glynastill@yahoo.co.uk> writes:
>> No. Will recompile with debug info and post back when done.
>
> FWIW, the most likely issue here is the MIPS-specific assembly code in
> src/include/storage/s_lock.h --- I'm not sure how many MIPS platforms
> that's really been exercised on, but it may not work on yours.  While
> you're waiting for the rebuild you might try to find a MIPS guru to
> show that code to.

hmm well - lionfish (which is now offline due to a broken power supply)
is actually a cobalt cube too (and is running debian). So if we really
managed to break mipsel it must have happened in the last few months:

http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_history.pl?nm=lionfish&br=HEAD

Stefan