Re: Mailing list hacked by spammer? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Craig James
Subject Re: Mailing list hacked by spammer?
Date
List pgsql-performance
Glyn Astill wrote:
> Most likely just a forged header or something, hardly hacked
> though is it.

Yes, hack is the correct term.  The bad guys have hacked into the major email systems, including gmail, which was the
originof this spam:

  http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/02/25/gmail_captcha_crack/

>  I think you need to do some training:
> http://www2.b3ta.com/bigquiz/hacker-or-spacker/

Sending a link to a web site that plays loud rap music is not a friendly way to make your point.

Craig

http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/ymail/new.html