Re: Vacuum Complains - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Vacuum Complains
Date
List pgsql-general
Fabrice Scemama <fabrice@scemama.org> writes:
> when running a daily vacuum, my cron regularly reports this
> message from Pg (7.0 RC1 / RH5.2 with glibc2.1 / compiled
> with gcc 2.5.2):

> NOTICE:  RegisterSharedInvalid: SI buffer overflow
> NOTICE:  InvalidateSharedInvalid: cache state reset

> Does anyone know what it means exactly ?

It's not anything to worry about --- those are just for debugging
purposes.  I'd expect those to show up if you have other backends
that are hung up in transactions waiting for the vacuum to finish.
Or maybe even without any other backends, if you have large system
catalogs...

            regards, tom lane