Re: PostgreSQL derivatives - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Ron Mayer
Subject Re: PostgreSQL derivatives
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Josh Berkus wrote:
>> If Aster Data Systems (nCluster), Dataupia, Greenplum, or Netezza...
>
> You missed Yahoo in the list of derivatives.  ...

Fujitsu has (had?) a noteworthy derivative as well.  IIRC, they
bolted the front end of postgres to their ESM storage engine.

http://www.fastware.com.au/docs/FujitsuSupportedPostgreSQLWhitePaper.pdf

The fact that a large (bigger than Oracle) company like Fujitsu
supported postgres (both their own fork and the normal one as well)
was useful to me a couple times on convincing companies that Postgres
was a serious product worthy of consideration with the big vendors.