Re: Help with new contrib - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Euler Taveira de Oliveira
Subject Re: Help with new contrib
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Carlos Jordão wrote:

>   I have worked on a project and on my free time I made a port of a
> specific metaphone algorithm, adapted for Brazilian portuguese. I used
> mainly the code presented in contrib/fuzzystr/dmetaphone.c to make the
> postgresql interface.
Nice. I'm looking for soundex-like algorithms in portuguese. I'm
developing a set of similarity functions (ATM is 16 functions) for my
thesis and I'm planning to release it at pgfoundry soon. If you're
interested I can add it too.

>   So, I question if here is the best place for such contribution and
> which license should use, or I can just keep the previous one (Perl's
> compatible).

I'm thinking to release it under BSD.

--   Euler Taveira de Oliveira  http://www.timbira.com/