Re: What in the world is happening on spoonbill? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Subject Re: What in the world is happening on spoonbill?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc> writes:
>> Tom Lane wrote:
>>> Huh.  I wonder why it's only happening on that one machine.
>
>> But if i had to guess this more likely caused by the special malloc
>> flags used on spoonbill (FGJPZ) - per your recommendations in:
>
> Hah, yeah, that's it.  The code was definitely indexing off the end
> of the width_wrap[] array.  It's surprising that we didn't get any
> more-obvious failures, like bogus output formatting.
>
> Can you modify the buildfarm's description of that machine to mention
> the special malloc debug flags?  It'd probably stop me from asking
> you this question again ;-)

hmm - would take somebody with SQL-level access to do this - the script
to update OS/compiler related data is only partially(ie not updating all
information) working...
But maybe it would be nice to have some sort of "notes about this
buildfarm member" text field that contains this information (or other
stuff like "this is a VM running on bar" or "this is really the same
hardware as animal bar just with configuration baz" ?

Stefan