Re: Proposed patch - psql wraps at window width - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Proposed patch - psql wraps at window width
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> For example, if I want to send wide psql output in email, right now I
> just send it wide or use \x.  With 'wrapped' I can set it to 72 columns
> and get something I can email to people.  I could copy it from my
> screen, but if the output is more than a screen full it is much harder
> to capture.  (Yea, I could use 'script', but that isn't for the novice,
> and I have no idea how that would be done on Win32.)

I think your idea of novice is a little different than mine. A novice
isn't going to use this feature anyway, and by the time they start to
consider it (if they ever do), they will have already wrapped it in Perl
or C#.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake