Re: TODO, FAQs to Wiki? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: TODO, FAQs to Wiki?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:

>> The FAQs are another matter however.  I suggested some time back moving
>> those to DocBook XML.  A friend was working on a script to do the
>> initial conversion automatically.  The nice thing about it is that we
>> can then use the xml2po tools to create PO files for translation.  This
>> means that translations are more easily kept up to date.  Are you open
>> to this possibility?
>
> Yes.  The FAQ's change very infrequently, and XML would be fine for
> those, especially since it would lessen the translation load.

It seems that this should be a -docs discussion, no? Also although I am
in favor of XML, I think it makes more sense to have it in the native
documentation format, which is not XML but SGML.

Now if we want to move the main docs to XML as well I am a loud +1. Yes
I am aware we can do make xml.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake