Re: In the belly of the beast (MySQLCon) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Geoffrey
Subject Re: In the belly of the beast (MySQLCon)
Date
List pgsql-general
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Geoffrey wrote:
>> Joshua D. Drake wrote:

>>> Well :) That is why I asked the questions I did. It very well may be
>>> the answer. It might not. For example, what size is your database? How
>>> many transactions per hour are you doing?
>> We have 13 separate databases, not terribly large, my WAG would be that
>> our largest database might have 30 million rows.  I couldn't honestly
>> tell you how many trans/hour we are doing without doing a little
>> research.
>
> I find it pretty unlikely that Slony would be unable to help you upgrade
> here.  Obviously you can upgrade one database at a time.
>
> Also, mostly it's not the database size what's a concern, but rather the
> size of the largest table.

Well, we have done some extensive testing and it seems feasible.  We've
got more testing to do, so we've not decided.  We hope to use slony to
replicate the data in order to have a hot spare solution as well.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

  - Benjamin Franklin