Re: Patch for Prevent pg_dump/pg_restore from being affected by statement_timeout - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: Patch for Prevent pg_dump/pg_restore from being affected by statement_timeout
Date
Re: Patch for Prevent pg_dump/pg_restore from being affected by statement_timeout  ("Greg Sabino Mullane" <greg@turnstep.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:
>> I agree that we should do that, but the thread on -hackers ("Autovacuum
>> vs statement_timeout") wasn't totally conclusive. Greg Sabine Mullane
>> and Peter Eisentraut argued that we shouldn't, but neither provided a
>> plausible use case where a statement_timeout on restoring a dump would
>> be useful. I'm thinking we should apply the patch unless someone comes
>> up with one.
>
> I don't think it's fair to simply discard the use cases provided as
> "implausible" and demand one more to your liking.

Sorry if I missed it in the original thread, but what is the use case
you have in mind?