Keep Alive PGAdmin 1.8 - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Fil Matthews
Subject Keep Alive PGAdmin 1.8
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Sirs

Thank You firstly  for  your  fine  front-end  administration tool to
Postgres..  As an ex ORACLE    D.B.A.  I appreciate  what you have done.

There is one point that I have not had  the time or patience to find ..

Perhaps my postgres servers are configured  incorrectly  but they have
a wonderful habit  ( of which I highly approve)  of  chucking out
"idle" connections.

Unfortunately my PGAdmin 1.8  connection is also seen as an "idle"
connection after some period of  non use ..

The  result is that any open  connection to a server freezes  and
subsequently the  tool  hangs  (On a Windows  XP platform ) .

Is there some way to use either a "keep alive" signal  from PGAdmin  or
a server postgresql.conf  setting that applies only to this client  that
will prevent this  from happening?

ie    PGAdmin  stays connected and  alive  indefinitely ..

many thanks  in advance  for  your kind  attention.

Fil  Matthews

(DBA  since before databases  were  born .. )