Re: plperlu and perl 5.10 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: plperlu and perl 5.10
Date
List pgsql-general
Kev wrote:
>> Recompile PG?  Even if I'm running 8.3.1, released well after that?
>
> Oh, sorry, do you mean, it's ready for 5.10 but still compiled with
> 5.8 for now?  If so, is there a timeline for compiling with 5.10 by
> default in the production releases of pgsql?

Like Alvaro says, that will be down to the package provider.

I'm prepared to bet good money though that it will co-incide with
whenever they ship Perl 5.10 with your system.

Think about it - how happy would you have been with a plperl that
*didn't* work with your default version of Perl? :-)

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd