Re: Install Postgresql on Win2000 with Admin Rights - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: Install Postgresql on Win2000 with Admin Rights
Date
List pgsql-general
Stefan Sturm wrote:
> Hello Craig and Magnus,
>
> thanks for your Help. I downloaded MSVCR80.DLL, but still the same
> problems:
>
> When I simply start init_db from within the bin folder I get the
> Message, that he can't find libintl3.dll. The errormessage shows the
> PATH, and this path contains the bin Folder...
Have you used Dependency Walker (depends.exe) to examine initdb and see
what DLLs it's being linked to? You can get Dependency Walker from
http://www.dependencywalker.com/ (it's free). Use the "show full paths"
option in the view menu to see the full DLL locations.

Have you tried explicitly setting your PATH environment variable to
include the postgresql bin directory?

By the way, on mailing list discussions it's generally considered polite
to respond below the other person's email, chopping off the bits that
are not relevant. You should also respond to individual parts of the
email (like separate questions) where that makes more sense.

--
Craig Ringer