Re: [0/4] Proposal of SE-PostgreSQL patches - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From KaiGai Kohei
Subject Re: [0/4] Proposal of SE-PostgreSQL patches
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Kohei KaiGai wrote:
>> The series of patches are the proposal of Security-Enhanced PostgreSQL
>> (SE-PostgreSQL) for the upstreamed PostgreSQL 8.4 development cycle.
>
> Before we go any further, is this work derived from SELinux?  If so, is
> it covered under the GPL?  If so, can it be licensed under BSD terms?
>
> Obviously, if it's not BSD, we cannot include it in Postgres.

All of SE-PostgreSQL works are licensed unser BSD terms.
We are considering to push SE-PostgreSQL into upstreamed PostgreSQL from
the beginning, and we understand to choose GPL makes it impossible.

Thanks,
--
KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@kaigai.gr.jp>