Re: Very slow (2 tuples/second) sequential scan after bulk insert; speed returns to ~500 tuples/second after commit - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: Very slow (2 tuples/second) sequential scan after bulk insert; speed returns to ~500 tuples/second after commit
Date
In response to Re: Very slow (2 tuples/second) sequential scan after bulk insert; speed returns to ~500 tuples/second after commit  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-performance
Tom Lane wrote:
> Craig Ringer <craig@postnewspapers.com.au> writes:
>
>> It seems to happen with every statement run in the same transaction as,
>> and after, the procedure with all the subtransactions. As soon as a
>> COMMIT is executed, operations return to normal speed.
>>

> Ah.  I misread your post as saying that it happened only once.
No worries - it's best to be sure.

Thanks for looking into it.

--
Craig Ringer