Re: DTrace probe patch for OS X Leopard - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Robert Lor
Subject Re: DTrace probe patch for OS X Leopard
Date
List pgsql-patches
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Is c.h the right place to include this?  The probes are only in the backend
> code, so perhaps postgres.h would be more appropriate.  Or just include it in
> the .c files that need it, of which there are only 3.

I think putting probes.h in c.h is the right place. It's true that the
probes are only in the backend now and only in a few files, but in the
future I can foresee probes added to more files in the backend, the
procedural language code or any of the commands (initdb, psql, etc).

Regards,
-Robert