Re: PostgreSQL 8.4 development plan - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Zdenek Kotala
Subject Re: PostgreSQL 8.4 development plan
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>> Stefan Kaltenbrunner escribió:
>>
>>> yeah - the test install is available on
>>> http://reviewdemo.postgresql.org  if people want to test judge for
>>> themself - contact magnus or me if you  need permissions to do/test
>>> stuff there.
>>
>> Thanks.  I tried submitting a review request against anoncvs but it
>> failed with
>>      No valid separator after the filename was found in the diff header
>>
>> "patch" can apply the patch correctly -- I'm not sure what does this
>> patch have that RB does not like.
>>
>> The patch is attached in case you want to play with it.
>
> If I'm not mistaken, I read somewhere in the docs that the diff has to
> be unified, not context. Could that be it?

Yes, and second problem is CVS diff. When you use CVS diff you must
strip root (/home/alvherre/Code/cvs/) from following line:

RCS file: /home/alvherre/Code/cvs/pgsql/src/backend/commands/analyze.c,v

and ",v" as well. After that RB accepted your patch.
    Zdenek