Re: postgresql book - practical or something newer? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Guy Rouillier
Subject Re: postgresql book - practical or something newer?
Date
List pgsql-general
Greg Smith wrote:
> On Mon, 4 Feb 2008, Dave Page wrote:
>
>> We intentionally have not done that as we wanted to ensure that all
>> documentation published under postgresql.org was appropriately
>> moderated first.
>
> OK, so hosting a probably inaccurate in many ways (at first) community
> documentation project wiki is inappropriate for a postgresql.org page;
> completely understandable.  That "moderated first" thing is part of the
> problem with using Techdocs I already mentioned.
>
> Can anyone think of another place a community docs wiki could go at?

I definitely think it should go on the official PostgreSQL site
somewhere - that's where the community is.  The documentation page
already lists versions of the official docs "with comments".  Isn't this
  an expansion of that?  Anyone with a community account is free to post
a comment.

If all those comments are moderated, then I'd suggest either adding a
"Community Version" directly on that page, or adding one to the
community page off of Techdocs.

--
Guy Rouillier