Re: Question for Postgres 8.3 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Wall
Subject Re: Question for Postgres 8.3
Date
List pgsql-general
> If you want to support multiple encodings, the only safe locale choice
> is (and always has been) C.  If you doubt this, troll the archives for
> awhile --- for example, searching for locale+encoding in pgsql-bugs
> should provide plenty of amusing reading matter.
This is most interesting.  I think some of use UTF-8 under the
impression that it would support unicode/java (and thus US-ascii)
easily, and of course then allow for foreign language encodings when we
need to internationalize.  Thank goodness we only plan to I18N for a
decade and never got around to it!

David