Re: developer.com: PostgreSQL is the "Database of the year" - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Jean-Paul Argudo
Subject Re: developer.com: PostgreSQL is the "Database of the year"
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Hi all,

> I think we should add a sentence fragment to our forthcoming press
> release for 8.3:
>
> "PostgreSQL, Winner of Developer.com's Product of the Year 2008, ..."

Agreed!

> or if you have stomach for more:
>
> "PostgreSQL has recently been announced as Winner of Developer.com's
> Product of the Year 2008, beating both MySQL and Oracle. This follows 5
> consecutive Editor's Choice awards from LinuxJournal."

I prefer this long version.

Other RDBMS wouldn't hesitate in communicating this way, why would we ?

> It's hot news and important news also, which I think we should include
> *especially* in light of recent MySQL announcements.

+1

We're preparing an article to be published at PostgreSQLFr.org, about
this new award.

Thanks.

--
Jean-Paul Argudo