Build problem with square brackets in build path - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Nikolay Shaplov
Subject Build problem with square brackets in build path
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I am not sure it is really a bug, but nevertheless

If you do

mkdir [source]
git clone git://git.postgresql.org/git/postgresql.git [source]
mkdir build; cd build
../\[source\]/configure
make

you will get

make[1]: *** No rule to make target 'generated-headers'.  Stop.

If there are no "[]" in the path to the source, everything is OK.

It would be OK for me, if it still does not work. But I would appreciate at
least proper error message there (or at configure step), this would save time,
for figuring out, why it suddenly stopped working.

--
Nikolay Shaplov aka Nataraj
Fuzzing Engineer at Postgres Professional

Attachment