Re: Postgresql Materialized views - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: Postgresql Materialized views
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>

>> I'm not going to  bother trying, because you just moved the goalposts
>> (managing in a production environment vs using). And why should the
>> number of DBAs matter one whit? Why should they matter more than, say
>> application developers, when it comes to language level features?
>

> Andrew don't get your knickers in a bunch. This was not an attack, I
> wasn't declaring that one type of user was better than another, nor
> was I moving goal posts. I was simply explaining the intent of my
> statement because Sean quoted me without context.
>
> Oh and as a note... the fact that you wonder about the worth of the
> number of DBAs proves my point infinitely.

What is your point? You are implying something, but I'm damned if I know
what. I did not wonder about the worth of DBAs - that would be silly.
Please do not put words in my mouth that I did not speak. What I
wondered was why DBAs should be uniquely important, and why we should
think that there is any significance to the number of DBAs as opposed to
other classes of user, among the ranks of either the core team, or the
active committers, or hackers generally. I don't think they should -
there are many classes of user whose needs we should cater for, of which
DBAs are just one.

cheers

andrew