Re: Overblogging etc - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Overblogging etc
Date
List pgsql-www
Magnus Hagander wrote:

>> I don't think we will be able to agree what constitutes trivial, but
>> single sentence blogs should be banned. I wouldn't have a problem with
>> the same subject expanded into a useful multi-paragraph blog, but single
>> sentences give the appearance of triviality. If we don't set a minimum
>> standard for blog content, people will stop reading them *all*.
>
> This, I agree with. Devrim, as the ruler of planetpostgresql, do you
> agree that this would be a good guideline?
> (Yes, I prefer calling this a guideline rather than "banning blogs")

Devrim has been trying to get people to stop writing single page books
in their blogs. You are supposed to write a small teaser then have that
teaser take you to the main page of the blog.

This is what I and most others do but a few don't.

However sometimes one sentence is enough to convey the information.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake