Re: pg_receivewal starting position - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ronan Dunklau
Subject Re: pg_receivewal starting position
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Le mercredi 27 octobre 2021, 04:17:28 CEST Kyotaro Horiguchi a écrit :
> +my @walfiles = glob "$slot_dir/*";
>
> This is not used.

Sorry, fixed in attached version.

> Each pg_receivewal run stalls for about 10 or more seconds before
> finishing, which is not great from the standpoint of recently
> increasing test run time.

> Maybe we want to advance LSN a bit, after taking $nextlsn then pass
> "-s 1" to pg_receivewal.

I incorrectly assumed it was due to the promotion time without looking into
it. In fact, you're right the LSN was not incremented after we fetched the end
lsn, and thus we would wait for quite a while. I fixed that too.

Thank you for the review !

--
Ronan Dunklau
Attachment