Re: Release Note Changes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Release Note Changes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> Yeah.  In my opinion, we're not really looking for 100% fairness.  I
> think credit is important, so if Stefan Kaltenbrunner did some psql
> autocomplete work and it's not attributed, let's add a note to that
> effect.  There is no point in saying exactly how many lines he
> contributed, nor listing the exact changes he did, though.

Then we should remove exactly how many lines, or listings of exact
changes any developer did.

Items of importance are subjective and to favor one over the other isn't
right (not that I am suggesting you are suggesting that).

Why not just a simple listing in general:

Alvaro Herrera - Auto vacuum work
Simon Riggs - PITR Work
Greg Stark - Tuple header work
Stefan K (not going to try and spell his name - Additions to psql
autocomplete

Alternatively we could use the contributors list (currently developers
list) as the definitive source and just provide a link.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake