Re: Release Note Changes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: Release Note Changes
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Bruce Momjian wrote:

>>> Doesn't the detail description qualify it enought?  The heading isn't
>>> suppose to have all the information or it would be unreadable.
>>>

>> If you don't want to be more specific I'd say "certain updates" or "some
>> updates" or something similar, just some flag to say it's not all of them.
>>

> Good idea.  I added "most":
>
>        Heap-Only Tuples (<acronym>HOT</>) accelerate space reuse for most
>        <command>UPDATE</>s (Pavan Deolasee, with ideas from many others)

But that's not true either. For example, in my current $dayjob app not
one significant update will benefit - we have an index rich environment.
You have no basis for saying "most" that I can see. We really should not
be in the hyp business in our release notes - that job belongs to the
commercial promoters ;-)

cheers

andrew