Re: PG Patch (fwd) [openserver patch followup #2] - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: PG Patch (fwd) [openserver patch followup #2]
Date
List pgsql-patches
Finally I understand the issue, I think.

But wouldn't an ordinary user on SCO wanting to install a private copy of
Pg then have to hack the Makefiles to change/remove the abolute DT_SONAME?
If so, that seems to me to mandate that this not be in the vanilla
distribution. OS Vendors commonly make changes like this in software
versions they distribute - that's a different thing from putting it in the
standard distribution, ISTM.

The benefit Larry cites seems to me to be small - presumably his Makefiles
must include "-L /usr/local/pgsql/lib", so adding
"-R /usr/local/pgsql/lib" doesn't look like a big thing. Adding an Rpath
to executables to use libs in non-standard locations is very common,
surely?

Maybe this needs to be YACO (yet another configure option)

cheers

andrew

Larry wrote