Re: [pgsql-www] Republic of Ireland Press Contact - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Alex N Markelov
Subject Re: [pgsql-www] Republic of Ireland Press Contact
Date
List pgsql-advocacy

Simon Riggs wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-11-28 at 13:26 -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:
>> Simon,
>>
>>> Why was the current press contact for Ireland not notified of a
>>> volunteer?
>> Because he just volunteered, and hasn't yet confirmed that he wants to be a
>> Regional contact now that he knows what it entails.  When I have the round up
>> I'll propose *all* the new names to -advocacy.
>>
>> You might have noticed that we put in an appeal for regional contacts into the
>> PostgreSQL Weekly News?
>
> I did notice that, but didn't pick up the detail that you had asked
> people to contact you directly rather than posting to -advocacy. It
> appeared to me that few candidates had come forward.
>
> I'm not clear why you're saying we should have discussed this on
> -advocacy when you aren't doing that yourself. I guess I'm also not
> clear how you had a volunteer for a post that wasn't actually open until
> I offered it up on pgsql-eu-general. If Alex knew about that, why didn't
> he speak at that point rather than going to you privately? If not, why
> didn't you contact me to ask if I minded giving up ROI? So yes, I agree
> we should all discuss things on public lists before they are decided.
>
> Anyway, I've done everything openly and transparently and just trying to
> help get more advocates on board, nothing else. If you feel I've done
> something inappropriate then I'm sorry.

Guys,

there is nothing to fight over. I answered directly to Josh, because he
asked in his post to contact him. I didn't think I needed to post it to
the list. As per pgsql-eu-general, I'm not reading it, that's why I
missed it there.

Hope that helps.

I'm not in the position to spend any considerable amount of time at the
moment as the contact (after reading the link Josh sent it looks like a
lot of work), but I'm more than happy to help to whoever is (or will be
elected) the contact for Ireland.

Regards,
Alex.

- --
"Openness is the foundation and preservative of friendship...
Let me claim from you at all times your undisguised opinions."
                                                    --- William Wilberforce

PGP fingerprint: F888 2770 FEDA D53F 6E71 5281 8C48 7AE2 C29D C8AB
PGP public key:
http://www.markelov.org/misc/Alex.Markelov_at_gmail.com_0xC29DC8AB_pub.asc