Re: [pgsql-www] Time to update list of contributors - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Subject Re: [pgsql-www] Time to update list of contributors
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Dave Page wrote:
> Josh Berkus wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> Time for the annual update of this list:
>> http://www.postgresql.org/developer/bios
>>
>> Here's the list of people I gleaned from the release notes (btw, if people
>> have countries for the folks who aren't attributed, I'd appreciate them).
>> Of course, there are many contributors to essential non-core code who
>> should be listed as well:
>
> Hiroshi Saito has made a number of smaller but important contributions
> this cycle.
>
> Heikki is from Finland, but currently living in the UK.
>
> You also missed my name despite it being attributed to 3 items in the
> release notes, but I don't suppose that matters as I'm in the core
> section anyway.

yeah well - the release notes do not make that good a reference on the
"who submitted patches" question anyway because the do not contain stuff
that are mere compile failures or add support for additional
platforms/cleanups) of new features (ie my patches to add GSSAPI support
to OpenBSD/Solaris or things full text command/tabcomplete support in psql).
So in effect that list might more correctly be called a "feature
contributor list"

Stefan