Re: [pgsql-eu-general] an admin team for the new European servers

From: Jean-Paul Argudo
Subject: Re: [pgsql-eu-general] an admin team for the new European servers
Date: ,
List: pgsql-www

Tree view

an admin team for the new European servers  (damien clochard, )
 Re: [pgsql-eu-general] an admin team for the new European servers  (Dave Page, )
 Re: [pgsql-eu-general] an admin team for the new European servers  (Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum, )
 Re: [pgsql-eu-general] an admin team for the new European servers  (Oleg Bartunov, )
 Re: [pgsql-eu-general] an admin team for the new European servers  (Jean-Paul Argudo, )
  Re: [pgsql-eu-general] an admin team for the new European servers  (Stefan Kaltenbrunner, )

Hi all,

> [...]
> For now this 4 servers are in Grenoble. They will be moved to Marseilles in
> the first days of December and placed in Dalibo's datacenter, which is
> operated by Lost-Oasis ( http://lost-oasis.fr  http://www.ielo.net)
> [...]

I'll have the machines in my car on the 16th (yes, Sunday). I'll drive
them down to Marseilles on the 17th. They'll be online on the 17th
(simple linux install (surely debian or ubuntu server) + ssh), some
admins will finish installing them later.

> The installation and configuration will be done by Dalibo ( probably Jean-Paul
> Argudo and Cédric Villemain ). But beyond that, Dalibo wishes to delegate the
> administration of the servers to community members...

That's it. We'll continue sponsorship the bandwidth and such, be we
won't administer them anymore.

> Concerning the 2 servers given to PostgreSQLFR , an admin group composed of
> members of the french association will be created...

Exactly.

> Dalibo would like to see such group created to administrate the servers
> dedicated to PostgreSQL Europe.

By a group, IMHO, its at a maximum, 4 or 5 persons.

> So here's a bunch of questions for you all :
>
>  1/ Who wants to admin this 2 servers ?

Not me, I'll probably co-admin both of the 2 PostgreSQLFr.org servers.

>  2/ What do we install on them ? What do we need ?

IMHO:

- e-mail,
- cms / wiki ... whatever to have some content..
- ftp mirror of ftp.postgresql.org could be cool
- some kind of redundancy between both of these servers
- eu languages translations of docs & apps ?..

>  3/ How do we name them ? ;-)

Romus & Remulus ?
Tarzan & Jane ?
Black & White ?