Re: An XSLT example script - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: An XSLT example script
Date
List pgsql-docs
=?UTF-8?Q?J=c3=bcrgen_Purtz?= <juergen@purtz.de> writes:
> On 23.04.20 11:40, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> But I request that the backpatching of this be reverted.  This would
>> renumber all the other examples and/or figures, and then it won't be
>> clear what future bug reports will refer to.  This issue isn't that
>> drastic to make that worth it.

> The chapter doesn't contain any other example or figure. Therefore we
> shouldn't face any side effect concerning numbering. Those numbers
> restart in every chapter for figures, examples, and tables (there is an
> additional table in the huge list of tables of this chapter: "Bit String
> Functions" after "Bit String Operators").

Yeah, Peter's point would be a good one if there were other <figure>s
or <example>s in chapter 9, but there are none today.

I personally wouldn't have bothered with back-patching on the grounds
of "it's unimportant" ... but now that it's done, I wouldn't revert it,
on the same grounds.

            regards, tom lane