Re: PostgreSQL is not behaving consistently across platforms - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: PostgreSQL is not behaving consistently across platforms
Date
List pgsql-general
Bruno Lavoie wrote:
> Hello guys,
>
> Posted this msg on general & hackers list to get most accurate responses
> as possible...
>
> I plan to use PG with an OpenCRX project... but I read that there's some
> probs with PG and strings comparisons.... Is it true?
> Look at: http://www.opencrx.org/opencrx/1.11/pg.htm

Nothing to add to Tom's response, but it does strike me as odd that they
have a handbook in German and a localisation guide for their application
but don't know about different sort orders in different locales.

Might be worth asking on their support lists/groups about what the
underlying system understands about locales and sorting.

Oh, and if you could let them know about PG's locale handling at the
same time that would be helpful indeed.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd