Accessing tables in one database from another - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Mary Anderson
Subject Accessing tables in one database from another
Date
List pgsql-novice
Hi,
    I originally created a database called memdev.  Then I created a
second database called inputdev, and put in some files of stuff I wanted
to process and then read into memdev.  I am not having much luck finding
out how to do this from the postgres manual.   try to do this with

(SELECT * FROM inputdev.jpn_references

but i am just told that there is no schema named inputdev.  (So I should
have put these tables in a schema, not a database!)

Question 1.  Can I login to memdev and do a SELECT on a table in
inputdev?  If so, what is the syntax?

Question 2. How do I export my inputdev tables into memdev if I can't
access them from memdev?  The manual for pg_dump and pg_restore only
tells me about restoring into an empty database.

Thanks,

Mary Anderson