Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: update files for beta3 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: update files for beta3
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>> Maybe the BF members could just run their default autoconf as part of the
>> build if they have one.
>
> you lost me on that one ... Tom is hestitant about moving to 6.1 because we
> don't know what the fall out will be ... since I imagine the fallout would be
> in the configure/build stage, if we modified CVS to have a 6.1 configure script
> in place, wouldn't the buildfarm servers not be a good means to test *if* there
> is any fallout?

If the first thing some of them do is re-run autoconf, then we should
get test results for a variety of versions as found on various distros.
We would then be able to tell which versions may or may not work which
could help us when we need to upgrade, or if someone has problems with a
specific version when hacking (which should be rare I appreciate).

/D