Re: pgfoundry is down - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: pgfoundry is down
Date
Re: pgfoundry is down
List pgsql-www
Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
> Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>>
>> --On Wednesday, November 14, 2007 19:23:41 +0100 Magnus Hagander
>> <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:

>>> If you port the exiting wiki over, you lose independence, no?
>>> Also, I think a wiki is a major overkill. All we need is a static webpage
>>> that the infrastructure folks can edit, no?
>>> Sure, that can be implemented by a wiki, but it just seems way way more
>>> complicated than needed.
>> Why not something that can just be RSS feed into the main site?

That's a good idea, IMO.

> well it would be fairly easy to drive such a feed from our nagios
> instance (and even extract stuff like scheduled downtime from it) ...

Not as sure about that one. Basically, not sure we want to publish the
automated stuff there, and Nagios really isn't a nice interface to do
edits from...

JD mentioned google calendar. Can you get an RSS feed from it? If so,
that might be a good idea actually - given that it's something that's
hosted entirely independent from our current infrastructure.

//Magnus