LDC - Load Distributed Checkpoints with PG8.3b2 on Solaris - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jignesh K. Shah
Subject LDC - Load Distributed Checkpoints with PG8.3b2 on Solaris
Date
Re: LDC - Load Distributed Checkpoints with PG8.3b2 on Solaris  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Re: LDC - Load Distributed Checkpoints with PG8.3b2 on Solaris  (Greg Smith <gsmith@gregsmith.com>)
Re: LDC - Load Distributed Checkpoints with PG8.3b2 on Solaris  (ITAGAKI Takahiro <itagaki.takahiro@oss.ntt.co.jp>)
List pgsql-hackers
Hello,

I am running tests with PG8.3b2 on Solaris 10 8/07 and I still see IO
flood when checkpoint happens.
I have tried increasing the bg_lru_multiplier from 2 to 5 from default
but I dont see any more writes by bgwriter happening than my previous
test which used the default.

Then I tried increasing checkpoint_completion_target=0.9 but still no
spread of IO (checkpoint_timeout is set to default 5m)

What am I missing?

How does PostgreSQL determine the Load distribution?

Regards,
Jignesh