Re: Syntax error in a large COPY - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Collin Kidder
Subject Re: Syntax error in a large COPY
Date
Re: Syntax error in a large COPY  (Steve Wampler <swampler@noao.edu>)
List pgsql-general

>> My point is: with top-posting I don't care how many lines were repeated
>> because I don't have to scroll.
>>

> Considering there is an RFC that recommends inline posting over
> top-posting (http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1855), and considering the
> fact that this topic has been beat to death on dozens of mailing lists
> and the predominant preference is _not_ for top-posting -- perhaps you
> should either follow the preferences of the group, or leave the group.

I'm with Thomas. I think that, while inline posting is a good thing,
bottom posting is dead stupid and wastes my time. It is far easier to
follow a thread with top posting as the relevant text is right there at
the top ready to be read.

>>> But this horse has been beat to death before...
>>>

> Obviously not, as it keeps coming back to life.  I guess it's an
> undead horse?

No, just not everyone agrees with your viewpoint on this topic. Top
posting has it's place and some of us prefer it. Obviously I'm not doing
it but it's only because of the large amount of anal retentive people on
lists like this. And so... with that my view is out there. I hate bottom
posting. But I for one will do it to keep the peace.