Re: Training events policy ... first test case - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Training events policy ... first test case
Date
List pgsql-www
Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> --On Saturday, November 03, 2007 14:15:32 -0400 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
> wrote:
>
>> "Dave Page" <dpage@postgresql.org> writes:
>>> Here's a possibly crazy idea - how about we remove the 3 or 4 listings from
>>> /index.html altogether and replace them with a dynamically generated summary
>>> saying something like:
>>> "There are 24 training events in 9 countries scheduled over the next 6
>>> months from OTG, EnterpriseDB, Command Prompt, 2nd Quadrant and others. View
>>> the complete schedule to find the PostgreSQL training you want."
>> Love it, if not too difficult to implement.  Solves the whole problem.
>
> That 'from' list could get fairly long, no?  Why not just cut out the 'from'
> part of it, leave it as '24 training events in 9 countries schedualed over the
> next 6 months' and then a click thru to the actual list?

Daves suggestion was to pull a couple of company names at random, and
then include the "and others" part. That way you'll get a circulation on
who's listed there without making the list take up half our frontpage.

I like that better than to cut the names completely. Still with click
thru to the actual list, of course.

//Magnus