Re: Strange anoncvs sync behavior - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Strange anoncvs sync behavior
Date
List pgsql-www
Tom Lane wrote:
> Over an hour ago, Marc applied a "cvs tag" operation to the master CVS
> repository.  I saw it immediately in local "cvs log" queries, but it
> didn't propagate to anoncvs AFAICS, because the cvsweb server never
> showed it.  After I applied a post-tag commit
> (src/backend/optimizer/path/pathkeys.c a few minutes ago), the BETA2
> tag showed up in cvsweb almost immediately.
>
> This might have been some weird timing glitch, but what it looked like
> to me was that the anoncvs update trigger doesn't recognize tag
> operations.  Is that accurate?  Is it fixable?

Yes, on both accounts.

Now that you mention it I see that actually sitting in my TODO queue -
it's pending the work that Marc was doing on the tagging scripts to deal
first with permissions and then with emails. I assume he's now either
done or buried the projects (IIRC the permissions part was buried since
we didn't really want it), but I forgot to bump it on my TODO. It's now
bumped, I'll make sure it happens.

//Magnus